This open house was active from Aug. 6-23, 2021. Information on this website may no longer be current. Email us for more information.
We're sorry we can't bring you cookies in person, but here is a recipe you can make at home.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Additional: 20 mins
Total: 45 mins
Yield: 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Recipe courtesy of Daniel Erpenbach, Senior Project Manager